A look at Roof Repair & Replacement
Although there is little charm with a roof replacement, this home improvement project is vital to the livelihood of your home. A roof in need of repair or replacement is a roof that may allow outside elements such as rain, dirt, snow and insects, to come in, causing damage every step of the way. It is imperative that you are aware of the signs of roof trouble and that you are prepared for repair or replacement when that time arrives. Signs that your roof may need the help of a professional:
- Brown or yellow stains on the ceiling of your home
- Missing or damaged shingles
- Cracking/ cracked paint
- Damaged framework
- Gutters that are misshaped
Any of these signs could mean serious roof damage. It is in your best interest to reach out to a professional at once if these signs are noticed. Roof damage is not going to repair itself, nor is it going to go wait. Prolonging the repair only increases the damages and costs of the job.
With general damage, it costs an average of $5,551. Some people spend as much as $14,609 for their new roof, however, as a number of factors ultimately weighs on the final cost. Factors affecting the cost of your roof repair or installation include:
- Repair or replace: The decision to repair or replace is one of the biggest as far as price of the job is concerned. As you might imagine, the cost to repair is significantly less than the cost of purchasing a new roof.
- Company Selected: No two companies offer the same rates for their work so comparing is a beneficial first step. Free estimates are available. Use them to compare costs with three to four (or more) companies to find the best rates.
- Type of Roof: Roofs are constructed of many different materials, and the material that is used is a factor that affects the price. Asphalt and wood are two of the most common roofing materials, although tile, metal and many other choices are also offered.
- Roof Size: the size of the roof is also a factor that influences the overall cost of the job.
Your Choices are Important
Although you might desire to repair or replace your roof as cheaply as possible, it is best to go ahead and use quality materials and spend a bit of extra money initially. Doing so will save headache and hassle and trouble down the road while ensuring that you have a delightful, dependable roof for many years to come.